Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Jieshiling 100% Egyptian Cotton Luxury Duvet Cover Bedding Set 600 Thread Count
- Williams Sonoma Home Chamber Heritage CANE F Q Duvet Cover Cotton NEW
- 24 Digital Level Lv941901
- Century Home Signature Collection Luxurious Siberian Down Comforter, King
- Hearts & Stars Full Queen Comforter Linda Spivey Country Primitive Bedroom 1-Pc
- Loon Peak 3 Piece Wooden Boxes Sculpture Set
- Proxxon Handwerker Universal Werkzeugkoffer in der L-Boxx No 23660 Neu 69-tlg.
- USA WAREHOUSE Portable PCP Compressor High Pressure 4500psi 280W Diving Oil-Free
- 3D ONE PIECE 331 Japan Anime Bed Pillowcases Quilt Duvet Cover Set Single CA
- Country Cottage Quality Quilted Floral Embossed Duvet Bedspread Bed Throw Set
- HAZET 828-10 Hexagon Profile Screwdriver with Burnished Tips - Chrome-Plated
- Lunarable Cardinal Bedspread Set King Size, Christmas Themed Bird On Festive 3
- RALPH LAUREN 385 King Duvet Set 3P LAKEVIEW YELLOW GREEN FLORAL
- Vintage Quilt Indian Handmade Organic Cotton Bedspread Gypsy Throw Cover Blanket
- Festool 495024 TB1 Systainer Toolbox Sys
- Jigsaw Romantic Bird Duvet Cover, Taupe (Beige) Double
- Jigsaw Water Stripe Cotton Duvet Cover, bluee, Kingsize
- Jill pinknwald Copley Collection Quatrefoil Reversible Duvet Cover Twin Grey And
- Jiu Jitsu Twin Size Duvet Cover Set Wrestler Gorilla with 1 Pillow Sham
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with