Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- 3D Hatsune Miku 173 Japan Anime Bed Pillowcases Quilt Duvet Cover Single
- Sweet Dreams Wall Decal Quotes Wall Art Family Decals Rusric Home Decor Baby S80
- Bedding Set Linen Double Ranfoce Cotton Quilt Duvet Cover Paisley Mandala Mystic
- LouisianaBedding Nautical Stripe Reversible DuvetCoverSet 200TC White-Superking
- ReelWorks L715153A Plastic Retractable Air Compressor Water Hose Reel with...
- 2 Jars Yankee Candle AUTUMN SPICE Scented Candle 40-50 hr Burning Tm 12.5 oz
- Cargo Net Ultra-Duty Strap - 12' x 12' - 2000 LB Cap.
- Hampton 89922-10A Vehicle Recovery Strap, 15000 lb 20 ft L x 2 in W
- Milwaukee 12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Grease Gun Kit
- SCA Tork Universal C-Fold Hand Towels 1-Ply, White, 150 pk 2400 towels cs
- Yankee Candle - MOUNTAIN LAKE - 22 oz - Great Fresh Summer Scent - RARE
- 3M 7000039616 Optime I H510A Kapselgehörschutz 27 dB yellow
- Designart 'Fashion and Glam shoes I' Glam Bedding Set - Duvet Cover & Shams
- Indian Art Green color Queen size kantha Quilt fruit print real hand work quilt
- NEW free shipping Madison Park Tuscany 3 Piece Coverlet Set, Full Queen, Ivory
- AmeliaHome 06259 Flannel Duvet Cover Set 200x220 cm 2 Pillowcases 80x80 100%...
- Amelie Pink Butterfly Bedding Set - Kingsize
- American Fantastic Rugby Football Design,Kids Boys Bedroom Comforter Cover Set
- American Flag Metal Wall Art Decor Display Vintage Classic Design Rustproof NEW
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with